New FHA Down Payment Program
The down payment program is a great program if you need funds for down payment for that new home. If you qualify for the program, you will be eligible to receive funds to cover a portion of your required down payment amount. The maximum amount of funds you can receive under the program is 2% of the purchase price of the home being purchased; you will still be required to pay any remaining amount of the required down payment yourself or with a gift from a family member.
- One program used for all types of borrowers, with the same qualifications
- Completely forgivable grant, equals 2% of purchase price
- May be combined with up to 6% seller concession for closing costs
- No resale or borrower repayment restrictions
- No underwriting fee
For example, if you are purchasing a home with a purchase price of $150,000, the maximum amount of down payment assistance you can receive under the program is 2% of $150,000, or $3,000. If the required down payment amount is $5,250 (3.5% of $150,000), you would still be required to fund $2,250 yourself, or from a gift from a family member.
The Borrower’s income (or, in the event of multiple Borrowers on a loan application, their income collectively) is equal to or less than 140% of the state or county median income regardless of family size based upon the state or county where the Security Property is located.
• Here is a easy link to verify your eligible income: State/County Median Income Tool: https://homeready-eligibility.fanniemae.com/homeready/
Homeownership Education Class
• The Borrower must complete homeownership counseling
(Homebuyer education course or Pre-purchase counseling course) offered by an entity of the Borrower’s choice which is approved by HUD/FHA, either online or in person. The cost of the course shall initially be paid by the Borrower (by credit card if they so choose), which the Lender shall credit back towards closing costs (up to $100) at the closing of the loan.